12 EMDRIA Approved Credits for Both Days OR 6 for Each DayDay1: EMDR with Children and Adolescents, Phases 1-2
Day2: EMDR with Children and Adolescents, Phases 3-8
Next Training in Cocoa, Florida on September 28 & 29, 2019
Early Bird Prices Until September 1, 2019 $147 per day OR $247 for Both
- Describe how the 8 phases of the standard EMDR therapy protocol are applied when working with children and adolescent clients.
- Learn how a developing brain functions, maladaptive information is stored, and adverse childhood experiences impact children and adolescent clients.
- Identify applications of the Adaptive Information Processing, AIP, model with children and adolescent clients.
- Learn how to collectively gather information from a parent/caregiver and child/adolescent client through Play Therapy techniques to perform (PHASE 1) to gather a comprehensive history, conceptualize the case, and create a comprehensive targeted sequence treatment plan.
- Discuss the preparation (PHASE 2) performed with child and adolescent clients by supporting their emotional literacy, experiencing grounding techniques, developing a calm place image, creating a container image, and engaging in resource development through animal imagery.
- Demonstrate how to conduct an assessment (PHASE 3) by utilizing methods to determine the Subjective Unit of Distress, SUD, with minor clients, “What Happened Next” drawing activity to identify a target, as well as elicit developmentally phrased positive and negative cognitions.
- Explore various creative methods of Dual Awareness Stimulation, aka Bi-lateral Stimulation, with child and adolescent clients to support desensitization and reprocessing of distress. (PHASE 4).
- Use Play Therapy techniques to reassess and engage in positive cognition installment (PHASE 5).
- Apply Play Therapy techniques to assist children and adolescents in identifying somatic distress and symptoms through a
child friendlyversion of a Body Scan directive (PHASE 6).
- Learn pendulation and titration
play basedtechniques with children and adolescents clients to reduce somatic distress. (PHASE 7).
- Educate child/adolescent clients and their parents/caregivers about resourcing and grounding techniques for stabilization and attainment of a sense of equilibrium (PHASE 7).
- Demonstrate how to conduct re-evaluation (PHASE 8) with child/adolescent and/or their parents/caregivers.
This training is open to clinicians who are at least partially trained in EMDR. This is NOT an EMDR basic training. It is strongly recommended that attendees complete the full EMDR basic training and have experience in using EMDR with children and adolescents before using this material. Eligibility for EMDRIA Credits is restricted to those who have completed an EMDRIA-Approved Basic EMDR Training.Attendees who are partially trained in EMDR are not eligible to receive EMDRIA Credits.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- September 27 – 28, 2019 in Cocoa, Florida (Earlybird Registration Open Until 9/1/2019 or until sold out.)
- October 25 – 26, 2019 in Orlando, Florida (Registration Not Opened Yet)
- November 15 – 16, 2019 in Jacksonsville, Florida (Registration Not Opened Yet)
- February 1 – 2, 2019 in Miami, Florida (Registration Not Opened Yet)
The program is ADA compliant. Please contact Jackie Flynn at 321.544.2743 email@example.com if special accommodations are required.